Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Tale of Woe for the Week (and it is not about The Fitting Room)

Today I am just going to explain why I have not written anything for about a week. It is totally off the subject of this blog but still has to definitely do with me.

The last couple weeks have been real doozies (like that word?) for my family and I. Approximately one week ago I was doing my long overdue lawn mowing. I had gotten a few strips done when i heard this not so nice sound. One of those sounds when you know something is wrong. Of course my lawn had stopped and when I moved it there was a piece of a belt on the ground. So I am going to have to get a new belt for the motor and more than likely will need some heavy duty maintenance on the lawnmower such as cleaning, an oil change, sharpening the blades and whatever other kind of maintenance is done on mowers.

But that was just the beginning of our problems for the week. The next day or so there was so much rain the basement flooded again. This time we were deluged with masses amount of dirt along with the rain. The last few times it has just been mainly water so the clean up was not really bad. This time it is a total disaster. Many of you are probably thinking why don't I just get something done so that this does not keep happening. Believe me, I wish it were that easy. But it happens to be a very expensive project and right now our money is very thin.

It is said that things come in threes. Well, the third thing to happen is when I went to take a shower and the shower doors fell off. The top rim was loose and came off partially and the doors were right behind in coming off. I am hoping that this is the last of it. I would not wish the kind of week we had on anybody.

Everything is fixable but it all costs money and time. I might be able to do the shower doors. And I can clean up the mess in the basement, but to make it actually totally livable is going to cost quite a bit of money. I could try to do some of the fixing on my own but it really does need a professional job. And last is the lawn mower which I can get fixed but is also going to take some money (as does almost everything).

We have an extra bedroom on the first floor which my daughter did a fantastic job of cleaning up. You can't even tell it is the same room. And we are slowly moving all her stuff up that did not get ruined. Thankfully knowing that when it rains hard enough we know things might get wet and most everything was already off the floor and moved up far enough so as not to get wet. Unfortunately a few things fell and got ruined. But all in all, it was not too bad as far as her stuff not getting ruined. The actual floor is a whole different story. The flooring has to be all taken up in the room she actually slept and lived in.

Well, that is my story for the week and my excuse for not doing my blog lately. I have off part of the day and I am going to spend it cleaning some more so it might be a few more days till I get back to the subject at hand, but at least I wanted to say something about what is going on.

Hope your week was better than mine. And I definitely am counting on these next days being much better for everyone. Right now I am going to take it a day at a time otherwise I feel I might get overwhelmed and fall apart which is something I really do not want to happen.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my tale of woe. I would appreciate any comments that would bring me some uplifting or help or good advice on how to handle my demise.

Be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment