Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Customers and Co-workers

Okay so here I am again still having a problem trying to just write without getting hung up on spelling and grammar and saying (or writing) the right thing. I am going to try to get over that once and for all. So if I have a couple misspelled words or I do not say the right thing the right way I hope that you will not judge me on that.

I started out by writing about our interaction with the customers. I guess all I can say to put a closing on that is most of the time most of the customers are patient and kind and are usually in a good mood when they are shopping. We laugh and crack jokes with them. We talk about some serious issues. And once in awhile we do get in a tiff. Hey, but we are all human, right?

Next to the customers, I believe how we get along with our co-workers is just as important. At least when it comes to the way we feel about our working environment how we feel about the people we work with can also be a job maker or breaker.

Most of the people I work with are really great and I get along with most everyone. But I admit that I have always been one of those people that are easy to get along with. I try and see the good in everyone and always try to treat my co-workers like I would like them to treat me (the same as I do with the customers).

Sometimes I act a bit goofy but it helps lighten the load and I do get people to laugh and put a smile on their faces. It is something I enjoy tremendously, being able to make people smile and laugh.It is important to have a good attitude and say something nice so others feel good. Wouldn't you rather have someone say something nice to you or get a compliment than have something mean thrown at you.

I really do believe that the retail business can be so demanding to the point where it can either bring out the very best or the very worst in people. I also believe it is true that the jobs that pay the least can almost always be the most stressful. I spent years working in an office and now my job is much more demanding physically and I get paid a lot less. Both types of jobs have their pros and cons, but the people I work with at this job are much nicer and happier than the people that I worked in an office with.

All I can say is that it really does pay to treat people with kindness and respect no matter if they are co-workers or store customers. Whether those people are happier or not, I definitely feel much better about myself when I treat others the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment